Jack Ellis - How to Run a Company People-First
What happens when you judge employees on their work (rather than on measures like hours worked)? Why is online privacy so important? Why is running a lifestyle business just the best?
Jack Ellis is the co-founder of Fathom Analytics, a privacy-first Google Analytics alternative. Jack also teaches an online course on Laravel, a popular PHP framework, and hosts his own podcast, Above Board, where he discusses running an indie and bootstrapped software company.
Jack and I discuss:
- How he runs his company people-first
- What happens when you judge your employees on their work, rather than on other measures
- Lightweight ways of collaborating with a small team
- The importance of online privacy and how his company enables that
- Why running a lifestyle business is just the best
- Overcoming analysis paralysis
- The big downside of working remotely—or is it even a downside?
- Why I don’t give specific advice for people with ADHD (or other conditions)
And much more. Enjoy the show!
- Fathom Analytics, privacy-focused website analytics
- Serverless Laravel, Jack’s course for Laravel developers
- Above Board, the Fathom Analytics podcast, which Jack co-hosts
Creators and Guests
Co-founder of Fathom Analytics