Floris van der Pol - Living Without a Smartphone and Reading 100 Books a Year
How can you read 100 books a year? What’s it like to live without a smartphone? What’s more important: willpower or designing your environment for productivity?
I met Floris in a course I was taking on YouTube—the Part-Time YouTuber Academy by Ali Abdaal, if you’re curious—in which Floris gave me fantastic feedback on some of my own YouTube videos. We got to chatting and some of his YouTube videos impressed me so much that I wanted to get him on the show.
Floris and I discuss:
- How he reads 100 books a year
- What it’s like to live without a smartphone
- How he designed his life to improve his attention span
- Getting stuff done with a baby around
- Whether video gaming qualifies as an addiction
Subscribe to my weekly articles
Every Sunday, I send an article on productivity to my email list. People say my articles are useful, insightful, and relatable.